5 day Real-time and Parallel Computing workshop: 21st August- 24 August 2017
Introduction to Operating Systems principles, Real-time concepts and programming in multi-process environment for non-computer scientists
By the end of this workshop the participants will learn about:
- Concurrency: processes vs. threads
- Inter process communication: data pools, pipe-lines and message queues
- Synchronization principles: mutexes and semaphores, critical sections and monitors
- Deadlock and Starvation: detections and solutions
- Operating System Scheduling: interrupts, priorities and Rate Monotonic Scheduling
The topics will be presented via examples and discussions. The afternoon sessions will have hands on tutorials with exercises to practice the concepts discussed.
Prerequisites: knowledge C++ is helpful for the tutorials.
Venue: Software Systems Center, Block B, College of Computing & IT, Makerere University