You are invited for a Seminar on on Monday 23rd April from 11.00-12.30 in Block B, E-Services Lab.
Topic: Internal and External Crisis Communication of Public Organizations
Presenter: Alice Srugies from the Division of Cognition and Communication, Faculty of Applied IT, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
For planning purposes, those interested in attending, kindly register your interest on the following two field form:
More details about the presenter and the presentation will be shared soon.
N.B. This seminar has been organized outside the usual schedule of DI seminars due to the limited availability of the Guest.
The College will be hosting a career talk event for SCIT students that will give students the opportunity to
• Learn about various opportunities, possibilities & future prospects in the
world of ICT especially in Uganda.
• Get the guidance needed to set your ICT career on the right track
• Meet and Interact with leading ICT industry practitioners
This career initiative to help the respective participants understand their core niche in the ever growing world of ICT and the Ugandan environment.
Mike Tartakovsky, the director of the NIH Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB) will visit CoCIS on Tuesday 20th March 2018 9-10: 00 am. The aim of this visit is to exchange ideas on how to implement the Bioinformatics PhD and MSc Curricula under the BRecA project. BRecA is an NIH training grant in collaboration with CoCIS, CoNAS, MakCHS and CoVAB at Makerere University.
16-20 April 2018
The 2018 second edition of Summer School on Software Engineering and Information Systems is hosted by the Makerere University School of Computing and IT, in Collaboration with University of Chalmers and Gothenburg. The summer school will feature four tutorials delivered by leading researchers in the Software Engineering field.
The school is organised by the Software and Systems Center at Makerere University and is mainly intended to contribution to PhD students and academic/industrial researchers on latest findings in the field of Software Engineering and Information Systems.
- The full programme is available on the web page : http://ssc.mak.ac.ug/bright-summer-school-2018-on-software-engineering-and-is
- Participants will enjoy the beauty of the nearby national parks and can joint the Gorilla Tracking in the nearby Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Registration is now open, through the web: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiC2Vrzw_sxfhb48mOI6lX-JD3Ln7PoVELtrWJ80WTH7fvKg/viewform
- Model Driven Software Engineering
- Software Analytics
- Software Security
- Digital Infrastructure, Design thinking