The Software Systems Center interaction series is organizing the second presentation by:
Mr. Derrick Etuusa , Director ; Products and Solutions, Huawei Technologies Uganda Co. Ltd
7th April @ 11 am Software Systems Center located at Level 3, Block B, SCIT
Holds a BEng. Telecommunications from Kyambogo Unversity and CCNA plus a number of Certifications from training at Huawei.
His career started at MTN Uganda where he was a Data systems support engineer and then joined Huawei Technologies Network Technology Department. Over the years I have supported a number of major projects in their implementation stages in MTN, Airtel and Africell (Orange then) as a FSE for Wireless and Data communications expert. In 2015 , moved to Transmission Engineer, before moving onto Project Management in 2016 where he was in charge of the National Backbone Infrastructure Project Phase 3 and its successful completion, in addition to other projects in MTN and Airtel.
Currently he is the Director Products and Solutions in charge of overseeing latest trends and innovations in the ICT and Telecom sector , working closely with Enterprise and Government institutions to stay ahead in this new Technological era.
If you want to improve your understanding of IT/Software Industry, if you are looking for practical research problems in IT/Software, if you are looking for industry partners in IT/Software or if your looking for something related to software/IT/Research and industry then be there on 7th April 2017.
About the Software Systems Center (SSC)- The software systems center (formerly Software Engineering Research Group) is research outfit that seeks to conduct empirical/practical research & innovations in the areas of software engineering and related disciplines. Empirical research is based on actual industry practice and therefore SSC has strong and continues to build strong industry partnerships of mutual interest. Please find SSC at CIT, Block B, Level 3 for more details.
- School 1: Sept 25 - 30, 2017
- School 2: April 16 - 21, 2018
There is a yet another chance for our Cisco students to register and compete with their peers worldwide in Netriders Skills Competition.
Cisco Networking Academy NetRiders IT skills competitions are a great opportunity for students and alumni in Africa to showcase their networking abilities, learn valuable new IT skills, and gain visibility among talent recruiters in the growing ICT and networking field.
We will be running 3 levels of competition in Africa. At all three levels, the majority of the questions deal with technical skills but there will be some questions about Internet of Things (IoT) and career soft skills.
- CCNA - geared toward CCNA certifications and open to students currently enrolled in or recently completed the 3rd or 4th CCNA course
- CCENT - geared toward CCENT certifications and open to students currently enrolled in or recently completed the 1st or 2nd CCNA course
- IT Essentials - geared toward the IT Essentials course and open to students currently enrolled in or recently completed the IT Essentials course
For all the eligibility requirements and rules of an individual students can download the Rules PDF and FAQ files for the competition they are interested in. A few things to note about competition elibility:
- Students must be currently or recently enrolled in a Cisco Networking Academy CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Discovery, CCNA Exploration or IT Essentials course in a country in Africa
- Students represent the Cisco Networking Academy and therefore the country where they are currently enrolled or most recently completed a CCNA or IT Essentials course
- Students must live in a country in Africa
- Students may not compete in both CCNA and CCENT competitions in a calendar year
- Students may only compete in CCNA and CCENT two times and in IT Essentials one time, so we recommend students are strategic in selecting the best year to compete in each level of competition based on courses enrolled in or recently completed and all other eligibility rules
Prizes are awarded at the end of Round Two for CCENT and IT Essentials and at the end of Round Three for CCNA.
The grand prize for CCNA is a one week study trip to USA fully paid funded for the top student in the region.
See the poster and brochure attached for more details.
Registration will be open from Wednesday, 15 February 2017 through Friday, 21 April 2017.